Volga City Map
Old Timers' Day
Brookings Area Transit
Volga has the unique advantage of being located near a larger city while retaining the quiet charm of a rural community. The excellent quality of life in Volga is exemplified in our award-winning school system, quiet neighborhoods, and many recreational opportunities.
Whether you’re here to visit or considering making Volga your home, we invite you to explore the amenities that make Volga so special.
- Business and industry is vital and remains strong in Volga. Steady growth today is a strong indicator for future success.
- Volga City Park, located along Samara Avenue, features picnic shelters, a volleyball court, horse-shoe pits, playground equipment and a swimming pool.
- The Brookings County Museum, located at the Volga City Park, showcases history from the early days of settlement in the area. Included in the museum are an 1870 log cabin, vintage farm equipment with an antique tool room, and a one-room country school house.
- Meadow Creek Golf Course features natural prairie and wetlands within its challenging 9-hole course. This popular course is open to the public.
- Our Summer Recreation Youth Program is filled with opportunities for children of all ages.
- Friday night roller skating is a tradition in Volga. Come join us!
Spend time here and discover for yourself why Volga is such a great community. The City of Volga is dedicated to providing efficient quality service by working in partnership with individuals, neighborhoods and businesses to enhance the quality of life and to create a healthy, vibrant community in which to live, work and visit.
Volga – you’ll love it here!
Mayor Mary Bjerke
Volga Among Best Towns in
South Dakota for Young Families
- BATA rides are now available in Volga (service area extends one mile out of Volga) for $2 BATA tokens! To schedule a ride or for further information, contact BATA at 692-2222. Tokens are available in Volga for purchase at Volga City Hall, First National Bank and Dakotaland Federal Credit Union.
- In the event of severe weather the Volga City Auditorium will be utilized as a public emergency shelter located on the 200 block of Kasan Avenue.
- NEW!! Sign up for Direct Payment Plan.
- Heartland Rebates for customers and retailers.
- Recyclable Garbage pick up will be 2nd & 4th Friday of every Month
Garbage Collection Policy
- Garbage NOTICE: Reminder that garbage is only picked up on Fridays.
- CITY WIDE CLEAN UP SECOND TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH Information- May- October
- NO LEAVES OR GARDEN WASTE ALLOWED AT THE TREE PILE. Brown biodegradable bags can be filled with this waste and are available at Jager's Grocery for purchase. They can be set out for pick up on Fridays with regular garbage.
- 2012 Drinking Water Report
- Ready to Work
- Volga Informational / Services Brochure
Dec. 14: Lions Club Pulled Pork Dinner. During the Basketball Doubleheader. Serving from 2-6pm
Dec. 16: Feast and Fest, Show starts at 6:30pm
Dec. 20: Early Dismissal from School. 1:45pm
Volga Veteran’s Memorial: To order your etched paver click here.
Tuesday Afternoons: The Volga Community Center will be open at 12:30pm for Volga Senior Residents. Cards, Shuffleboard, and coffee will be available.
Recycle Days Dec. 13 & 27: A dumpster will be placed at the city shop for the Volga residents to deposit their extra recyclables.
Check out the Sioux
Valley School Web site for current school events.
Volga's Photo Gallery