Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Clean-up has changed a bit starting this year. Clean-up will be the second Tuesday during the months of May, July & September only. However, due to the COVID-19 issues going on the date in May has been cancelled. So, the first pickup will be Tuesday, July 14th. We are looking at getting a dumpster placed down at the City shop/community center parking lot, for residents to bring items down and put in there. We don’t have a date yet as to when that will be available yet, so please watch the Facebook page for that announcement. Any items listed below that require a fee will still require a fee and sticker before they can be placed in the dumpster, there will be surveillance cameras to watch for this.
Please make sure that you aren’t placing items out on the boulevards, more than a week before the cleanup date.
Reminder that appliances require a fee and “PAID” stickers which can be paid for and picked up at City Hall. Please call the office to find out what fees are required for what appliances. There are also fees for the following items: Freon items, car/pickup tires, truck tires, tractor tires and tire rims.
Below is a list of items that WILL NOT be picked up from the curb:
• Household refuse, please place this in your garbage tote
• Cardboard, please place this in your recycling tote
• Grass/leaves/lawn refuse, please place in Brookings Lawn Refuse bags (picked up on Fridays starting April 7th)
• Remodeling material/concrete
• Paint (empty or dried up cans will be picked up)
• Batteries/waste oil/chemicals/hazardous waste
If you have any questions please feel free to contact City Hall at (605) 627-9113.